The CableSafe is the continued evolution of SP’s running line tensiometers. Compatible with a wide range of rope and electrical cable diameters – 4-30mm.
When used in the field, it will allow the user to monitor tension with exceedingly high levels of accuracy, which ensures that rope/cables do not become overstretched or break.
When using a capstan winch to unwind electrical cable from a reel/spool, you will be able to integrate the CableSafe within this setup to ensure that it is being pulled at a safe tension level. This helps the line maintain its transmission capability, prevents it from becoming a fire hazard risk, and it also stops the need for further work in order to remove and replace it. The contractor is gifted with decreased liability and dramatically increased peace of mind, using CableSafe on cable pulls reduces liabilities on cable installations. Ideal for the following applications:
- Measure tension when pulling electrical cables – protect against fractures or elongation
- Measuring tension on synthetic rope when erecting delicate structures using gin poles and capstan winch
Another example of the best use is during the installation of cell phone towers or similar delicate structures. You will be able to use the product to help ensure structure-to-ground ropes, connected to a gin pole and pully system, do not exceed maximum tension whilst lifting sections of the tower to the top. There can be the possibility of the rope becoming snagged and causing greater tension to be loaded upon the system. With heavy materials being lifted to great heights; this would create a major safety hazard leading to a catastrophic failure with the endangerment of lives. Avoid the unknown through accurate monitoring, especially when risks are high.
What distinguishes it apart from previous versions of this type is the developed lightweight design allowing for easy transportation and usage. It also provides up to 500 hours of battery life so that you can be assured that it won’t lose power before your workday ends. The high-level IP67/NEMA6 ingress protection allows the product to be used in a variety of heavy weather conditions and dusty environments. These features, as a collective, mean that it will be an invaluable and reliable tool in your work-related armoury.
The five-wheel design and gravity catches with top sheave pins allow for a fast and simple rope attachment setup. The accuracy is also improved over three-wheel alternatives.
When used with a cable/rope-pulling device you can remotely monitor the tension on the line using your smart handheld device via a Bluetooth connection*. You will be able to locate yourself up to 100m/328ft away from the Cable Safe to allow you to survey job progress from a distance.
- Compatible with a wide range of rope diameters – 4-30mm
- Rapid tension force measurement - Up to 600m per minute
- Able to use in all weather and air quality conditions
- Easy to install and replace batteries (4 x AA standard Alkaline)
- Fully constructed from light and durable brushed Anodised Aluminium
- Five-wheel design improving accuracy (clear anodised)
- Linchpins are fitted to the top sheave pins making wire rope installation quick and simple
- IP67 ingress protection / NEMA 6 – heavy protection against dust and rain
- Simple to use and setup
- Remote monitoring option using a smartphone via Bluetooth
- Maintenance-free heavy-duty needle bearings
• Fibre-optic cable pulling using turret winches
• Water gates for dams
• Offshore rescue and retrieval
• Capstan rope/cable winding
• Broadcast and telecommunications
• Erecting towers (maintaining structural capacity)
• Service and maintenance of cell towers
- 2-year warranty
- Design validated by F.E.A.
SUPPLIED WITH THE FOLLOWING AS STANDARD
- Proof test certificate
- Operator Manual
- Carry/Storage Crate